shop

 

July - October 2016

Shortly after it was built in 1897, this building was leased to a grocer, and the premises operated as a shop and attached residence. And so it continued for many decades.  Shop was the first installation in The 1897 Window Gallery.  Further explanation would seem to be superfluous.  Commencing with a range of nine fresh fruit and nine fresh vegetables within an open pigeonhole shelving units, the display altered significantly over time6